Sunday, January 21, 2018

Wild Things 1/21/2018


This post was inspired by the name of a shop I regularly visit on Lok, in the NRA guild city of Chinon. One of the things I love most about this game is the deco. It is great to walk into a shop that someone has clearly taken the time to make look and feel like a shop! It is wonderful to move through digital spaces stamped with the personality of their owners.

I endeavour to get all of my shops and spaces deco'd, but I struggle with the motivation to just sit for a few hours and move stuff around a digital space (especially in light of my RL issues with stuff and space). Perhaps if I did a little at a time: you know, one room a week, I'd feel better about that choice for that use of time.

Anywho, I love this shop, I love the name of it and the clear atmosphere of it. I also love the windowed houses that were added in the last year of the game, and how they change the feel of an in-game city.

You have perspective and views from the windows, and the atmosphere that gives is immersive and really enjoyable.

 I have found that stumbling into a fully decorated space in game inspires me to put some time and effort into decoing my own spaces, and not just in game.

Deco work in game actually helped me develop my design aesthetic for living spaces, and my room mates and children reap the benefits of that every day. If only the RL beasties didn't shed all over the furniture, unlike their SWG counterparts!




No comments:

Post a Comment