Sunday, January 7, 2018

Balance in All Things, 12/31/17

Last day of the year, and I am feeling introverted and introspective. Have a party to go to this evening, and have some shopping to get done for my son, who starts college in three days, so less play time focus than organisational stuff. I spent a few minutes flipping processors and ran off to do other things. Have a macro issue, which I need to take the time to figure out what I am doing wrong, but until I do it kind of precludes afking. I'm not mad about that: once I get my space sorted out, I'll be able to afk every night, but while my computer is set up in the livingroom, that's not really feasible.

After the party, I logged back on to flip processors and incubators and got a boom on first stage of a Torton. Now that I have processed up some pretty decent 20s, I feel better about my chances of making the Carax, the newest mutation unlocked on Legends. I could gush all over the devs commitment in this iteration to keep adding in tidbits of new stuff. It's very gratifying to come to the game with so many of the old issues being addressed.

For example, one of our biggest issues as BMs was buff retention. A dev fixed that with a patch within the last 6 months to allow any beast pulled while the owner is wearing ent buffs to retain those same buffs. It is such a nice change from before, with meticulous applications, or just ignoring the lack and playing on. It makes my beasts much more survival-prone when we are out doing dangerous shit like krayting for hydros (which I do probably one out of four gaming sessions, because the demand is so high and I find the process soothing).

Anyhow, it's well past midnight now, and I am, inclined to pass out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment