Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Posting Plans 1/24/2018

No booms on anyone, and I prolly used the wrong combo on Lifa's so I feel dumbs. Threw in the last bitty bit emzymes to process, really really really need to go krayting tonight, and since I had coffee at 3 pm, I will likely be able to do it, as I will not be able to sleep at a more reasonable hour.

So in the vein of incentivising healthy habits, I should probably figure out a reward system for playing this game and getting done the things that I want to. as I accomplish each one, I could reward myself in some way. It's kind of sad that I am even considering incentiving playing a game, like playing a game isn't a reward in and of itself. Well, whatever.

My day to day "grind" in game focuses almost entirely on making mutation attempts. I harvest my own hydros, buy the materials for refining them, chase down my own DNA, buy most of my other enzymes, and focus very little else of my gameplay on any other aspect. I miss certain non-BM or less BM things I used to do, and there are some things I'd very much like to do moving forward, but I am not sure how I should prioritise those.

Soulei: levelling is not easy. I get bored so fast with the pizza runs, and the slow speed of xp gain. perhaps if I made a more concious effort to buff her up, and spend a couple hours grinding out the Legacy sections, it would be less of a slog? I dunno. Very hard to motivate me on this one.

Deco: this was always one of my joys in game, but it is the kind of thing I have to focus on, and don't want to do for too many days at a time. Perhaps an hour a week would be good, I can get a lot done in a short space of time: goal being one room a week? If it gets easier or faster or just flows, I can spend more time on it. I do want all my spaces to be immersive and reflective of each toon's history and personality.

Space: I always wanted to be a good pilot (thanks Stack and DL...) and it occurs to me that if I can get my joystick talking to my laptop, I could even get some practice in, and maybe find a rhythm. Piloting was a skill that eluded me, back in the day, and I'd like to change that.

Rebel: I miss my general rank and my R
eb decor. I want that back. I need to research the least time consuming ways to make that happen, and then farquing well do them. I will never be a hardcore PvPer as Aerys, but it might be a thing that Soulei could do and would enjoy doing. Oh! And battlefields! I think I only ever ran three, and I know there were games I never played.

I do miss resetting the static bases, and I really miss blowing up player bases. Oh the stories I could tell... and have... ( okay, I wanted to link in some old posts but it appears I have to go back over the old blog and blitz out the formatting and most of the pics. that;s sad: that's a lot of work. I may just create a Blast from the Past page on this blog and re-post those stories...)


Events: I would love to host another Beastly Bash at some point. Don't want to plan it till I have a few super nice prizes to give away and some finished decoed spaces and a chance to play around with StoryTeller some more. I'd love to redo the original BM Olympics too. That was such a great idea, and I'm so much more organised and together than I was when I tried to do all of it on my own before.

RP: I really want to establish an RP swoop gang on Corellia. I want to run a group of writer/RPers who contribute little adventure stories... I should put some thought into a website and such for that. I wonder if anyone else might want to contribute to that. So much tempting brain candy here... seriously, if anyone actually reads this blog and this is a thing they might like to mess about with, drop me a line!







No comments:

Post a Comment