Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Life and Losses, part 2, 1/5/2018

Losing a friend hits in weird ways. I miss being able to ride along with Caro's wildness, even as at the time it was sometimes hard to "gear up" to spend time with her. I tear up when I think of her voice, her smile, her strength and her secrets, and wish so much I could have known her better.

In the game, the constant dealing with inventory is the only real reminder I have to deal with. I touched on it the last post, just the sheer volume of things. A life time of things. And because every object in the game is a 3 d realised object, I am coping with things irl and in game, and while I want to have those deco'd spaces, making the time to make those happen is harder to do.

At the same time I definitely use the vendor markets as the next best thing to retail therapy in real life, with the added benefit of actually having millions of creds to spend, which is a very nice, complete reversal of my actual real life bank account. The valuation of things on Omega is definitely different than on live, and I am still not as cognizant of the variables on it. So I go out to grab elements and enzymes, and end up with paintings and storage increase collections (which was less a desire and more of a need).

After spending the last 5 months dealing with real life stuff, I go out and buy... deco. To ya know, do deco. Sort stuff and put it away in smart and decorative ways in game. Like I don't do enough of that when I'm living? /sigh

It is strange to me that it was the death of a friend, an idol, really, back in 2011 helped me cope with the sunsetting of the game, and now I am using the game to escape some of the pain of this new loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment