Monday, January 22, 2018

Anger 1/21/2018

I wonder how people hold so much anger in themselves that they'd ruin other people's fun, and it seems like their own, for the sake of their hurt feelings.

Out at the grind group and heard the other side of the story from the actual person. She's livid and loathes the old Senator, and has spread her anger to cover the city that's been there for a year (longer than her city had been established), hoping it dies and not caring how it has helped the community for that time.

I hear her anger and I understand her sense of betrayal, but to spread that emotion out to cover everyone that lives there, most of whom moved there long after the city had been established is short-sighted and creates only ill-feelings within the community.

I am trying to be done with this conversation, but she has a dead horse and apparently it needs beating. I know that when I hold only my rage about a topic and spend that much emotional energy venting to folks about it, it entrenches that much further and becomes that much harder to divest from myself.

I know Hoggle did not have 100% altruistic reasons for taking over her city, but when he couldn't fit in houses for the new citizens to bring the shuttle back, he did what I agreed was the right thing for the beast masters needing access to the best leveling spot. I stand by that, even if his motivations were not pure, as Cere attests. I still don't know the truth of why she left the server or under what duress, and I suspect that plays a part in this story too. No one wants to be seen as anything less than a hero, but most of us are shades of grey.

No booms today. And I need raw hydros so I guess I know what I am doing tonight. After a Battlestar Galactica marathon with my middle kiddle, of course.

...And I have to add that her bitterness leaked over onto me and made me struggle to find the motivation to play for the rest of the night and the next day.

I logged in briefly before work and made up some eggs but didn't have time to start any new beasts.





No comments:

Post a Comment