Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Merchanting and Master Tamer 1/16/2018

Aerys: Bol 2 = Stat boom!; Osho: Sand Panther 3 = 0; Lifa: Voritor 3 = 0; Benni: Malkloc 2 = 0

 One more chance for this:

Four more 20s made, so we have six still in stock after today's sessions.

Sold three more eggs last night, so up to 138 mill between Osho and Lifa, should go enzyme shopping soon and stock up. Maybe buy some elements too, and get the backlog worked out again. I do like having bags upon bags full of 20s. :) I definitely need to buy more canisters, and possibly more capsules as well. Will check on Lifa.

So on my way to the Bazaar terminal when got a ping from a player who had a Nexu DNA to sell, and he offered it at a great price, so I bought it; and let him know what I pay for other enzymes. He had a few, so bought those as well, then ran off to buy more at local vendors.

Popped over to Rori following the trail of cheap enzymes, and found, of all things, a WG Magseal Detector on a vendor I wasn't even waypointed towards. So lucky. And having had a terrific flow of pet sales in the last week or so, I easily had the cash for it. Makes me super happy: Aerys will have her Master Tamer's today!!!

Then on Lok, I found a listing that I suspect was a typo, that the seller forgot to add a 0 to the price, so I will ping him in game and offer to pay the other 7.2 mill for the crate I paid 800k for. Those items are expensive to make, and I'd have paid full price. I did spend another 30 mill in his shop, but still, I'd hate for him to feel I took advantage of what was clearly an honest mistake, so I sent him an in game mail offering to resolve the issue.

Okay, wow. So as I went looking for illustrations for this entry, I found the blog of the dev that first added the new mutations (Malosaur, Sligtooth Bol, etc) into the live game. I had no idea his blog was even a thing, so that was terrific to stumble across. And then, when I check the links to find out more about the beast, he has linked them back to SWGpets, the site that was (and is) our bible as Beast Masters. Best of all, in the blog page about his work for us, he thanks the BM community for their support and positive feedback for his work. I wonder if he would be willing to do an interview for this blog?|

That is a really cool thing to have found, completely unasked for. I will have to do some more research into the other devs I worked with and for during those last years of the live game.

Between the Master Tamer's Necklace, the fortuitous shopping, and discovering James Loy's blog, this has been a great day so far. I have work to do today, and am taking a friend to see Last Jedi tonight, so I can't think but it will be a great day.

...and to continue with the M theme of the title for this post...MUTANT! Malosaur, to be exact. Yay!

Got back from seeing Last Jedi and wasn't really even up to playing... (well truth to be told  wasn't up to being upright with my eyes open. It was a long day.) But figured I should flip my incus at the least, and first session run, there it is. I really didn't expect it, too. I mean I maximised chances by using highest grade materials, and all that, but... it's never good to hope too hard. This was an 8-20-20 spec, so I am very pleased. It's also the first Malosaur I've made.

It's really been a great day!








No comments:

Post a Comment