Saturday, February 24, 2018

Dumb Durni / She's Got the Look 2/24/2108


  • Aerys: Chuba 1=0
  • Benni: Mawgax 3=0
  • Lifa: CuPa 3=BOOM (Strikethrough Rating) RAW HYDRO (2.93 mutagen)
  • Oshorym: Dewback 2=0
So I had thought I would be unable to attend the event today, but because of RL weather, the day has opened right up. So I set to work making new clothes for Aerys because I was super tired of her being in the same old stuff, and wanted her to have a lush new look for the event. Then I looked over the event details and it's a PvP event. Yay? I will still go and still have fun (may park my dancer on site to buff incoming players rather than fight, considering how badly I will suck at PvP without maxed stats or specials on my beasties. butthe whole thing doesn't happen till 3:30, so I had a lot more time than I'd thought, which is awesome.

Aerys still needs a new look, so I am running off to Naboo to buy a couple bags of Marauder Armour for her and Benni to wear. :)  I might also hatch that spare Tiglon egg with Benni and get her leveling up with her Build-a-Buff collection, if this thing is a go.

So spent an hour and a bit making whole new outfits for Aerys and Benni, and then ran Benni up to Endor. Popped back out of game to find out the co-ordinates for the Rebel prep camp and I am the dumbest Durni in the Galaxy. The event is next weekend. I swear to god... 

/tar self; 
/whap; 
/macro dumbdurni

Well, it wasn't a waste, per se, I did get a pretty cute look together for both ladies. Even IDed Aerys to move away from her more severe look. Also, the sheer incursion of RuPaul's Drag Race into my life has given me such love for Aerys' big fat lips... I spent 5 minutes just picking the right lip colour for her. I even changed the colour of her eyes, which is something I have not done since she was born on Starsider 15 years ago. 

OMG. 15 years. I'm old. So is Aerys, although at least *she* doesn't look it. ;)


Here was one of my earlier looks on Starsider. I wore an Ubese armour shirt recoloured to match the Reb Sleeves. I loved this look, especially since so much of my game was playing a Hardcore Rebel Bitch. 

Later on, I needed a drastic change, so I started off with an Extremely Revealing Skirt, as that became Aerys' signature "Stranger Danger" entertainer outfit. Combine the skirt with the Marauder Armour sleeves (which, back in the day, you needed to be a combat class to wear) and a Low Cut Top and that was *the* look for a long time. It was a *good* look, but had a few drawbacks.

If I didn't want to get /licked in public by strangers, I wore a Belted Skirt or Thin Striped Pants.

I loved this combination: literally wore very little else for most of my game careeer (on my combat toons). I had some formals for Aerlys, and for Aerys when she and Chase' had a hot date, but for the most part, I wore this style through most of my play time. Pretty sure these are Ubese sleeves on this iteration, which was for a portrait I posed for just after I'd been elected Senator, so Feb of 2009 or thereabouts.

Armour recolour kits allowed me to customise my deco sleeves for all kinds of looks and moods, which I probably did a few times a year, in keeping with special events or just the overall feel of things.

This combination is with the Mabari Armourweave pants, which are just such a good shape. I'd wear these in real life!

This is from one of Chase's and my date nights. He'd found a neat location he wanted to share with me. I switched out the Marauder Biceps for the Rebel Biceps and colour co-ordinated with those with a pair of shiny Long Uniform Gloves.


I have yet to get Aerys up past Private in rank, but I did go an buy a couple of options to get her the Biceps, at the least. I do miss the Rebelicious days.

 (I might have to go shopping for a fun Rebel guild... any suggestions? I'm looking for multi-aspect, light PvP and Heroics, and some real guidance on Space, eventually. I am a dedicated player , which should be obvious from this blog... anywho, if you know of such a Guild, comm me a comment!)

I fell in love with Nightsister accessories as soon as they became available. I was given a Beret schematic in the earliest days of the Heroics, and wore it pretty non-stop thereafter.

This outfit is the penultimate Aerys look. Mabari Armourweave Skirt with a sideslung Simple Belt, Ubese Armour shirt and Marauder sleeves, Nightsister hat over it all. I recall the Ubese shirt took the place of the Low-Cut because of the cowl neckline of the Beret.


I had picked up a Nightsister Armguard off the bazaar, because why not spend 500 million creds in the last days of the game? It tied into Aerys' character story as well, one of these days I will blog that in serial sequences. It's not a bad bit of fan fic, if I do say so myself. When the game closed out, I spent a day or two taking screenies of all my beasties.  This is pretty much the final look.

It's very interesting to compare this with the opening choices of Legends. The teal and red are true and bright, all the beasts are coloured to match (as much as possible), and while I'm clearly sad, there's a brightness to it overall.


Now compare: here's the first Legends look. Nightsister hat, Guise of Ice and Doctor's Dress, in dark red and dark teal, very muted and subdued, in comparison. The shades hide the blood really well. The RIS armour biceps showing was purely laziness: I just never got around to making a set of invisible forearms for her.


Coming back to the game, I went with what I recalled were the old comfortable colours: I was pretty sure this combination of raspberry and dark teal was what I closed the game out with back in 2011, (although I recall briefly considering I'd need a new outfit to match A'dmiral Acklay, since he was a weird purple shade, and not dyable.) Yet now, I can clearly see and compare, and they are very different. It's clear my mindset and the sorrow I was feeling on coming back to the game, but having lost everything, having to start all over, even relearning so much basic stuff.

So here is Aerys' new outfit. Shades she has never worn before, and while it is a revamp of her old style (I know what I like), and the feel is fun and different.


I am very glad the sorrow has faded, and that the game gives me joy and comfort, as it did when I was at my lowest. I am still amazed by the depth and detail the whole thing has, and while there is much I have recalled, there was a lot I had forgotten, and so much more I never learned.

So as I am writing this, I have my ent running through her entire song repertoire, because that was something I never did on live.  And she's doing it in new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment