Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Game Support

So two cool KickStarter campaigns I am assisting with: one just finished, and one just started. The one that just finished met its funding goal, is based on a crazy awesome couple of games that my roomies helped develop, and I highly, highly recommend them for all kinds of reasons, not the least of which is the depth of LORE. These games are DEEP, and have some pretty fantastic and detailed thought behind them.

It helps that they are also ridiculously fun to play.

So there's that. If you are so inclined, check out Sword of the Stars, The Pit, Crypt of the Necrodancer, all by Kerberos Productions on Steam. And if you like 'em, dude, give them a good review! If you love them, ping me, and as soon as my copy of The Pit boardgame arrives, I will invite you over for an all-nighter play through. (You think I'm kidding...!)

The other project is a concept by one of SWG's own: a guy who was instrumental in players' understanding of a whole lot of game mechanics and balancing and combat. His armour mitigations chart was fundamental in explaining to people how diminishing returns work and why they are a necessary part of considerations in designing fun-to-play combat games. The game is called Rock, Paper, Monsters and I hope to god this things makes it's fundraising goals, because the guy behind it is great, the concept is cool and fun, and easy to learn but with some great variability (and expandability) built in. So please, check out the Kickstarter and if you see fit to support the game, thank you for helping a couple Galaxy players achieve a life-long dream (his to get the game out there, and me to play it with my friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment