Monday, June 25, 2018

Real Life Beastmastery Is Not Always Awesome 6/24/2018

It;s been something of a rough week. Friday the 15, my beloved mutt The Woodge became lethargic and mopey, and late in the evening when he jumped up onto the couch he let out a yelp, as though something was very painful. I did a quick baseline exam, could see nothing except a slightly elevated temperature, and a mildly hunched posture, which could mean anything from tummy or back pain to constipation. I let it be, but when he did not improve over the next day, I took him in to the local vet hospital. (if only I were Aerys and had bacta tanks at my command... which leads to a whole different question...).

He was there for three days, having IV fluids and antibiotics, and a massive battery of tests including xrays and an ultrasound, only to find... nothing. He had a fever, it's down, but he is still maybe 30% energy and definitely still in pain on the back end from *something*. My next choice is going to ask a RMT I know who works on dogs to have a look at him. His pain has reflected in me: I am sad more and worried more and not taking the best care of myself while fretting over him. It was not cheap either, so right when I want to be spending more time at home with him, I am having to take more clients and push harder at work.

So yeah. I have logged in and at least gotten my processing lab back into workable condition, and have been making a few pets by the stupidest most expensive method of buying 20s on vendors, instead of hunting for and processing my own. Well, now that the lab is put together better I will get back to hunting and stocking my own crafts.

I think I will turn the NC lab house into a teaching lab, and set it up to help guildies understand how to process and incubate pets. Strikes me as it would make a good demo ground. I could set it up as a Beast Crafting School, could even cover all the basis: crafting components for Processing, processing cycles and incubation... Hm. That idea has potential. Maybe once I earn the super cool new reward for Empire Day celebrations: a Rebel themed house! Once again, I gotta say, I really appreciate the dev team working to keep this  great server going and growing.

One of the two new mutations has been found: it's cool and I am looking forward to making one. The other is likely to be a third stage on a known simple, which means it's possible we won't see one ever, as third stages are super hard to achieve. I have done so twice in Legends though, so maybe... :) At any rate, it's either the Vesp or the Spined Snake, so I suspect we will soon see more of the Finned Blaggart and the Barbed Vesp on the bazaar.

Catch ya on the flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment