Tuesday, September 24, 2019

World Boss and Waste Beasts

Went for my first run with the Guild last Thursday. It was a revelation. I felt like such a noob, all over again. The bosses are super hard to kill, if your strategy is not solid or your comms are not optimal, you will die so many times... We managed to kill 2 of the Krayts, and I was really regretting not staying specced for BM Medic, as I would have loved some of the hydros off the ancient spawns... Ah well, I know for next time!

Aeys and Sliggy oggling the new Krayt Wold Boss. Sheesh. he's a big'un!

One of my guildies helped me a tonne getting my comms issues sorted (sort of) and then was up to helping me price out some of Hoggle's old space parts, which was very sweet of him. I might make a few creds here and there off the RE'd stuff. The saved other pieces are not even close to server max anymore, due to power creep, (more on that in a later blog) but I may use them to figure out how to craft for space (eventually, in the far future... and in my copious spare time..;. lol) Anyway, I had fun hanging and chatting with him and another fellow, but he said something that got a bit under my pecs, explaining why he didn't like a particular dude on the BM side of things, because he just bought his supplies, did not go out to harvest stuff, and I was like, um, and?

Like, how do we support the economy if we don't spend our creds? and how do we contribute to the awareness that enzymes and such are desireable without being willing to buy them? I am still pondering how bootstrapping it is the only valid playstyle: without a big, generous guild backing you, or a massive jumpstart like I got through Hoggle, how does anyone do it all by themselves? I am boggled, and also painfully reminded of this huge flaw in the American mindframe. I  did not choose to challenge that thought at the time, but it's still bugging me, so I very likely will have a convo with him soon about it.

So am over on Aerys buying DNA, partly because of that, and partly because I really need it: I have a lot of enzymes burning holes in my backpacks... :)

I'm concentrating on mutations, because I can: did more market research and am flat out appalled egg prices have sunk to where they are. Wanna make a billion in beast crafting, start with 2...  ah well, I spent more funds, I have 40 20s in stock and can afford to run through a few more experiments: I am nowhere near breaking the bank, even after spending 200 mill on deco.

I deaked on a bunch of stuff on Sunday: will have to make other plans later but not this week: prepping for a big event in the SCA this weekend, and another the next, and cramming in new students left and right (before they all fade into the cold drear of the fall/winter seasons). I will squeeze in a bit of play till Friday, but then am off for the weekend. Next week more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment